Thursday, October 18, 2012

Another great run!

     Today we kept it on the short side since we did the 4 mile run on Tuesday, so we only did 2 miles.  It was GREAT!  My legs were still a little sore from Tuesday but it wasn't too bad!  The weather was PERFECT!  It was actually a bit on the chilly side, I think I may have to look into saving up for some cooler weather running clothes, namely a wicking jacket!
     Now that I have that rain/wind cover for the jogging stroller, Susie really seems to enjoy our runs!  I think the wind protection is what she really appreciates.  Every time I put it over the top of the jogger, she laughs!  Today she was a little mad because I forgot to bring her apple slices.  She is SO fond of apples!  I usually give her two apples, peeled and cut into slices - and she snacks on them during the run.  She was rather vocal about me not remembering them today!  I won't forget next time!!
     Today was Colin's first school picture day!  He was SO excited - and he looked SO handsome!  I was a little surprised that most kids were not dressed any differently than a usual day!  Hey - if I'm paying that much money for school pictures, he is going to look his best!  Tomorrow is his Jog a thon - he is SO excited!  It's a fundraiser for his school.  He has to get pledges and then he runs the track.  He can either get pledges per lap that he runs, or just a flat pledge.  He tells everyone that he is going to run 8 laps!  That is a whole mile!  I'm so happy to see how excited he is! 
     Well, I'm pretty tired.  If I can finally manage to get Susie to bed, I am going to follow suit!  I'm beat! 

Thanks for reading!  Have a great night! -Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment