Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Best run of my LIFE!!!

Wow - I have NO WORDS to describe how awesome today's run was!  The weather was a little drizzly at first - about 55 degrees - but the sun came out and it was a BEAUTIFUL fall day!  That isn't what made the run so perfect though!  Today we ran 4 miles and honestly - if I didn't have to pick Colin up from school - I could have probably run another two!  Everything just seemed to fall into place!  I felt great!  It was SO amazing to be out in the fresh air and to truly enjoy running!  I have never enjoyed a run as much as I did today!  I think Nelly felt it too - neither one of us felt the need to see what mile we were on!  I hope I have many more runs like that!!

My son is doing a fund raiser at his school called the jog a thon.  He has to get people to sponsor him and then he runs around the track and people pay him either a flat rate or per lap.  He is SO excited about it!  I have not told him yet - but on Saturday (the day after the jog a thon) we are ALL going to be in a family 1k.  It's going to be GREAT!  Even Susie is registered!  It says that even toddlers can do it - so she is in!  It is going to be SO much fun!  We are going to dress in our costumes - which means I'm going to have to get going on Peter's!  Thankfully everyone else's is done!

Well, the rain has returned to Oregon.  It POURED last night - we were SO lucky to have a reprieve for our morning run!  We are probably going to have to get used to running in the rain - which means I'm going to have to get myself some sort of running jacket.  Today was a little chilly in short sleeves!  Today was the first time I used a rain cover for the baby jogger - I think Susie really approved!  She fell fast asleep!  She usually puts up a bit of a fuss but today she really enjoyed herself.  She thought it was quite funny when I put the cover over her!  Silly girl!

Well, I'm going to call it a night - we've had a rough couple of days!  Thanks for reading - sorry for the long break in posts.  I'm back now!  No worries - I've kept up my running!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment