Thursday, November 8, 2012

Looking forward to my day off tomorrow!

...... because my legs are SO SORE!  Nelly and I only did 2 miles today and we even walked some of it - but I was just so sore from my 5 miler on Tuesday!  I kind of wish my son didn't have school tomorrow so we could all just stay in bed!  I keep intending on taking the kids to the library but it's so hard to squeeze it in around school, gymnastics lessons, and Susie's nap.  I have also been intending to take them to the children's museum since we have a year pass but I'm not sure if I have the mental strength to take the two of them there by myself.  They never want to be in the same exhibit at the same time and one always wants to go to another room just as the other is settling down to the room we are in.  It's kind of crazy in a mass hysteria kind of way!

The weather sure took a sharp turn today.  I went so far as to finally getting the winter coats out of storage.  I felt SO BAD that I sent Colin to school in a hoodie today.  I didn't realize how cold it was this morning!  Just as I was dropping him off and feeling so bad about him not having his coat, I passed a little girl walking in wearing a mini skirt and a tank top.  HOLY CRAP?  Who dressed that child?  I'm guessing she dressed herself - but don't her parents see her before she leaves the house?  It was freaking cold this morning! 

I was TOTALLY going to skip my run today.  I was just feeling down on myself and sore and just wanting to sit by the fire and read a book or something.  (not that I really get to ever actually DO that).  I even went as far as texting Nelly that I couldn't make it today because I was too sore.  Thank GOD she asked if we could just go for a walk - because then my guilt kicked in.  I had not taken a shower the day before so I had to run home, take a shower, eat some breakfast, pack Susie in the car, and race to the park to meet Nelly.  (I REALLY hate being late for things - it's a pet peeve, so I really hauled ass! - don't worry, I went the speed limit!)  We ran kind of slow and Nelly had not gone running in a while so it was kind of good to have an easy day. 

Today was my first day without antibiotics.  I feel so nervous that the infection will come back.  I'm happy to report that my sense of taste and smell are returning to normal.  Thank GOD - I couldn't take it anymore!  Cross your fingers that I never get this infection again.  What a freaky and painful disease!  I'm not sure if it's a disease or a disorder - but it sucks either way you look at it!  I just hope it never flares up again!!!

Well, I'm ready to turn in.  It's been a long day and my poor legs are screaming at me!  It's funny - no matter how much my legs hurt, it feels good!  I love being a runner!  I can't wait until I look like the part!  :-)

Have a wonderful night!  Thanks for reading! -Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment