Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sunny Sunday!!

Today was SO beautiful!!  The sun was shining and the sky was blue.  It was really refreshing!  It was still pretty cold out - but the sunshine truly perked me up!

 I got up earlier than I intended.  Pete and I were up until 3 am shampooing the rug and the furniture.  It was worth it because it looks SO great!  The only bummer was that the kids woke us up at 6:45.  Ugh.  We managed to lounge in bed with the kids for two hours but it wasn't exactly restful!  We got up and I decided to get my run in early.  I did 2 miles on the treadmill.  It took me 30 minutes.  What the hell?  I have really slowed down!  Not to mention I could hardly stand to do the 2 miles!  I know my chest is still full of gunk - I could feel it rattling.  Plus I was coughing like crazy for about an hour afterwards!!   Hopefully I can get back to where I was in a few weeks!  It felt really great to get my run done so early!  I've noticed I eat better when I've worked out in the morning.  I'm not sure what that little mind game is all about - but it's there.  I'll just take it for what it's worth!

After my run I had to hurry up and get myself and both kids showered and dressed for church.  I'm not exactly sure why Pete didn't get the kids ready while I was running.  I suspect he had no idea what time it was!  At church we sat in the back (we always do, Susie has a habit of being rather vocal) - our seats were directly in the sunlight.  That felt amazing!  I saw a skit from the show Portlandia where the locals all flock to the sunlight. HAHAHA  It's so funny and so true! Sunlight is a rare commodity around here.  We probably won't really see any bright sun until around June.  It's funny how crazy excited I feel when I have the sunshine all around me!  It seriously is seasonal affective disorder central around here.  It would be nice to get one of those sun lamps but DAMN are they spendy!  I saw a guy on the news who makes them for your pets.  HOLY CRAP!  I can't even afford one for ME let alone my dog!  I guess there is a niche for just about everything, isn't there?

I am really excited - I found a weight bench and weights that we can afford!  They are not really high quality or anything, but I can get some weight training in!  YAY!  I can't WAIT until Pete gets paid so I can order them!

Well, I'm signing off!  I'm so tired!  We went to bed so late and got up so early.  Rough combination!!  Thanks for reading!  Have a great night!! -Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment