Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A decent proposal....

I am SO crazy excited about this.  I still can't believe this even happened!  So you all know that I have been looking for a running group and I have not been having any luck.  Well, I contacted the local running store and it turns out, they had been wanting to start a slower paced running group too!  The owner knew I couldn't afford the running clinic that they offer (even though I REALLY REALLY wanted to do it) and she proposed this.  If I was willing to commit the next one to two years to a running group, this offer would be extended.  That means I would run one day a week rain or shine the same day and time every week even if nobody else showed up.  I would be the constant in the group. If I promised to do that, then I could join the class for half price!  HOLY FREAKING COW!  I am SO EXCITED!  I still don't have that much money - but I'm going to try to sell stuff on craig's list.  PLEASE, if you pray - send up a few prayers that I can figure out a way to pay for this!  If you don't pray - please send some good vibes my way!  I want this SO BAD!  Can you imagine how amazing this would be for me?  The clinic teaches you how to run!  It teaches you how to prevent injury, how to improve, how to train - everything you need to know!  I could make SO many running contacts!  Not to mention starting a running group!  How freaking awesome would that be?  Plus - the fact that I HAVE to be there EVERY week - that is SERIOUSLY motivating!  Just the fact that she extended this to me makes me feel like a runner!  I mean, she knew who I was - she obviously knew I've been doing this for an entire  year.  It felt SO GOOD to be recognized as a runner even though I don't have the body of a runner!  I can't even tell you how amazing that felt!  I feel like I'm on a runner's high!

Other than that excitement - today was a really nice day!  It started out a little crazy.  Pete missed the bus, again.  He wanted me to drive him in to work - but I wasn't ready to leave yet. The kids were still in their pajamas and nobody had even eaten yet!  I told him to take the car and I would walk downtown and pick it up.  I walked my son to school (he complained the entire way - jeez, you'd think it was a ten mile walk instead of a half mile!) and then I walked with Susie in the jogger downtown to the car.  It's about 3.5 miles - a nice walk actually.  We had good weather - it was about 50 degrees and not too windy.  Too bad the sun wasn't shining!  I wore my garmin just for kicks and I was kind of surprised to see that I was walking at the pace that I had once considered a run!  That was pretty cool!  As I was walking I had a memory come back to me and it really made me giggle!  It also made me really proud of myself!  As we were passing the library (about a mile and a half to two miles from my house) I remembered walking there once when my son was a baby.  I remembered it took me almost two hours and it was the hardest freaking walk in my entire life.  I was SO EXHAUSTED when I got there that I didn't even want to look at books.  I had sworn to NEVER walk that far again EVER.  That just cracks me up.  I walked almost double that today and it was a comfortable, easy walk and it only took me an hour!  That was including a pit stop at the bookstore!  I never can resist stopping at the bookstore!

Well, I'm off.  I am actually quite tired today.  On top of my long walk today, I washed floors.  Then the kids and I had a dance party in the living room.  I'm pretty spent.  HAHAHA

Thanks for reading!  Have a WONDERFUL night! -Monica

4 comments:

  1. WOW that is awesome news! Here's hoping that you can swing it! Too funny about your son complaining and good for you for getting all that walking in! Sounds like even though it was a crazy day, that it was also an amazing one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope so too! I'm looking for stuff to sell. LOLOL

      Delete
  2. That is awesome! I was in a similar place a few months ago in terms of my running - I'm slow, like anywhere between 15-16 minute place but on a good day, I can do 12 minute pace. Anyway, I had done a 5K walk/run program and stuck with it and this past November the head of the program asked if I would like to become a mentor. I jumped at the chance because it gets me out there running, I get a discount on the running apparel and shoes at the store, and I get a $100 gift card for the store. I'm now on my second walk/run program and really do love it! You will be such a motivation for other people. Sending prayers and good vibes your way so you can come up with half the money to do the class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW that is AWESOME! So - do you have any pointers for me? I've never done anything like this before! It's a little scary! Although, if you've been reading my blog you've probably noticed that I tend to get scared.... do it anyway.... and then wonder why I was so scared in the first place. LOL Thanks for the prayers and good vibes!!

      Delete