Thursday, February 7, 2013

Very welcomed rest day!

Today was a rest day and it was SO needed!  I was SO sore from yesterday's run - I could hardly walk this morning!  As sore as I was - I actually LOVED it!  It hurt so much when I got out of bed!  When I got up I was kind of grunting and my son asked me what was wrong and I told him I was sore - he was so worried about me.  He came running up to me and said "OH NO Mommy, are you SICK?!"  I said no, I'm not sick - I am just sore from running! You know what he told me?  He told me I must not be running enough if I'm sore!  AAHHH I've created a monster!  I love that child!  He makes me laugh so much!  Today he asked for a snack so I gave him a little bowl of frozen blueberries (it's a favorite snack around here) he got all excited and said "OH MOMMY, I LOVE blueberries, they make me poop!".  HA!  What a boy thing to say!

Today was also my weigh in day.  I was down 3.2 lbs!  Can I get a WOOT WOOT??  I worked SO HARD this week and it really showed!  I am so excited!  I feel like I'm finally back in the game!  I can't wait to see what I look like by my birthday!  :-P  I had to pick up a new 3 month food diary from weight watchers.  I've tried tracking online, I've even tried tracking on a regular piece of paper - but I just don't do as well as I do with that 3 month tracker.  So I got a new one to replace the one I used up.  When I bought it I thought it looked bigger than the old one, but I wasn't quite sure.  I was so busy trying to keep Susie happy, I didn't really focus on it all that much.  When I got home I realized it was huge!  I swear, weight watchers does things like that every few months just so they can make you have to buy new things.  I already had a protective cover for the smaller one but now it didn't fit the new one.  I was NOT about to buy another one - jeez, I'd probably have to buy a new one for the next book that comes out!  So I went through my fabric stash and I made my own!  I had never made a book cover before so I was just kind of winging it.  I realized I had forgotten to finish one of the edges so you can totally see a raw edge when you open the book, but whatever - it came out pretty good!  I love that I got to use some of the fabric I used when I made my daughter's nursery set when she was a baby!  She doesn't use the set anymore since she is out of her crib - so in a way it's like a reminder of her babyhood!  What do you think?  Not too shabby huh??  Oh - and if you noticed that the seams are not all that straight?  That would be because my son is in charge of pressing the foot pedal.  Apparently I am not allowed to do that part anymore - it's HIS job.  He is not all that predictable.  One second he is going fast, then he goes slow, then he stops, then he starts.  Jeez - he is all over the place!  It's a wonder I can stay on the fabric let alone stay in any semblance of a line! HAHAHA  Love that kid!



Well, I'm off to bed.  I'm actually pretty tired.  Cross your fingers - I may actually have the money lined up for that class!  AAAHH  I"M SO NERVOUS AND EXCITED!

Thank you for reading!  Have a WONDERFUL night! -Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment