Monday, February 4, 2013

Changing things up...

I have been really floundering with my running.  I have come to the realization that 6.0 is just too freaking fast for me.  I'm just not there yet.  I'm bummed about it, but I have to be real.  So today I slowed down a bit and WOW what a difference!  It was hard enough to be challenging but not so hard as to make me hate it.  Honestly - I have been dreading my runs for the past month.  I mean DREADING them.  I'm kind of excited now!  I guess I won't be meeting my goal of running a 10 minute mile by my birthday but oh well!  I really can't complain.  I remember last year around June I had tried running one minute at 4.5 and I couldn't do it.  I couldn't even make it for 45 seconds!  See that!  I might not have lost any weight since June, but I've definitely made a LOT of positive changes!  I've beaten diabetes and high cholesterol, I've reversed my high blood pressure, improved my resting heart rate, and I've gone from not being able to run at 4.5 to being able to push myself to run at 6.0 and COMFORTABLY run at a hard pace at 5.0!  YAY ME!  Ok - I sound like a dork!  I am really happy though!  Sometimes it's hard to celebrate the things that are not directly scale related.  Shoot, it usually is hard to celebrate those things!

I've increased my dose on my medication this weekend.  So far so good.  Cross your fingers!  I still have not noticed any decrease in appetite though - figures, right? HAHAHA   So far the side effects have been mild and seem to be centered around the few hours after I take them, so that is really good!  The only thing I've noticed aside from being drowsy for a few hours after taking the medication is that sometimes my mind feels a little sluggish.  Not really bad, but sometimes it's annoying.  If it stops the pain, it's worth it!

I'm still trying to figure out a way to start a running group.  I've contacted the running groups on seemommyrun.com but I have not heard back yet.  I suspect they are not active groups.  I am thinking I may just try to get the hubby and the kids out on Saturday mornings and make them run with me!  We can get Colin to run with us some of the way, maybe he can bike some of it.  Susie can be in the jogger.  I'm sure our dog would be happy to join in.  I don't know how it will work out - my son is not very good on his bike, he does have to learn some time though! Wish me luck!  Maybe I'll run into a group at the park when we try to run as a family!  Who knows!  Stranger things have happened!!

Thanks for reading!  Have a wonderful night! -Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment