Friday, July 6, 2012

80+??

It's supposed to be hot today.  Granted, I know it's MUCH hotter in other parts of the country, but for here - the mid 80's is HOT!!  Today is supposed to be 4.5 miles - I don't think I could do that on a treadmill - I really don't.  Maybe if I was faster, but an hour on the treadmill sounds like pure torture!  I'm not sure what I'm going to do.  Even at 8pm it's supposed to be close to 80!  I am SO not a hot weather person.  Maybe it's because I'm so fat, but I HATE the heat!

The other day when I was doing my 2 mile run, I think I had an epiphany!!  My friend had told me to lengthen my stride - but I didn't know how to do that really.  Then I realized that if I slowed my legs down, my speed on my watch was faster!  What the heck?  I think I figured it out though!  Leave it to me (TOTAL music nerd) to figure it out in terms of music!  Well, rhythm anyway.  I was subdividing my strides (like beats).  So in the same amount of time, I was doing 8 beats when I could have been doing 4!  THAT is why it actually felt like I was slowing down to go faster!   Ok - I guess I was getting inside my own head - BUT, I think I solved a problem so all is good!  I'm not sure I can do it every time, but at least now I can recognize when I'm subdividing!! 

Hubs took another video of me running - hopefully I can post it this time!  My son ran ahead of me - DAMN does that boy have some WHEELS!  He is really fast!  I couldn't catch him and my watch had him pegged at 10:23!!!  That is quick!!
Well, the video does not appear to be loading.  It could just be due to the fact that my computer is ancient!  I MISS my laptop, sorely!!

Thanks for reading!  I hope you all have a wonderful day!!! - Monica


2 comments:

  1. It WAS hot here today! Thank goodness we don't live in other parts of the country! I'm content with the high 70's. Great job figuring out your stride and for the 4.5 miles! Wow! I was able to get out for a walk and a bike ride this evening. Nice cool breeze!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way - mid to high 70's and I'm a happy camper! This morning was PERFECT for a run! Only drawback was the smell of the willamette in the morning. YUCK! HA!!! Good for you - getting out for a walk and bike ride!! Isn't it nice to have the sun out in the evening, instead of the rain?!

      Delete