Sunday, July 1, 2012

Planning ahead....

I am going to start planning out some races that I want to run in the near future!  I know for SURE that I am GOING to run in the Turkey Trot this year!  I have wanted to run in that since I moved here 12 years ago!  I'm FINALLY fit enough to be able to do it!  How awesome is it to run in a 4 mile race and then go and have Thanksgiving dinner?  I'll tell ya what - I won't feel so guilty for having some apple pie then!  I just hope my brother in law would be ok with me taking a shower at his house! HA  Otherwise, I might ruin everyone's appetite!  I'm SO excited to FINALLY be able to run in a 4 mile race!  Of course, the race is in Portland - so that means HILLS.  YUCK - I hate hills. 

Another race I would like to run is the color run - I'm not sure I'll be able to afford that one - it is quite spendy.  It sounds SO fun though!  I might have to wait until next year for that one!  Then there is the Komen race for the cure.  Cancer has really affected my life.  My sisters in law are survivors - I admire that SO very much.  My grandmother just recently passed away - granted it wasn't breast cancer - but cancer sucks any way you slice it.  I've had several family members with cancer and I would feel SO honored to run this race in their names!  I've been thinking about the zombie apocolypse run. HAHA  I'd probably be scared out of my ass - even though it's all for fun!  In this race, a bunch of people dressed up as zombies chase you! Come on now - tell me that wouldn't be HILARIOUS!

Did I mention how much I hate hills?  Today I went for a run and I had two MONSTER hills.  One of the hills is slow rising, but it is .75 of a mile long!  IT SUCKS!!  The other hill is short but VERY steep.  Wow, I slowed down SO BAD for that one.  I didn't want to push too hard on the steep one because I was afraid of blowing out my knee!  Funny- my hill run today was only 2.5 miles - but it was harder than my 4 mile flat run! 

OOH - I was a JcPenney the other day and I was looking through the clearance section.  I found a tech shirt for 8 bucks!  WOW!  Even better?  It FIT ME!  I also grabbed another T shirt - and it was a 1x!  HOLY CRAP!  I don't think I'm OFFICIALLY in a 1x yet - but still, just the fact that I HAVE one and it fits nicely!  How exciting!

The whole reason I went to look at shirts was because as I was getting my son into his car seat, he asked me what that line was on my chest.  My "newer" shirts are getting baggy and so my cleavage was showing a bit.  I told him that was my cleavage and then he asked where HIS was.  I told him that only women had them.  Girls would get one when they grew up and men and boys didn't have them.  Colin looks at me quizically and says "but Daddy has one". OH MY GOD - I almost fell on the floor with laughter!  Talk about a kid calling it as he sees it!  Sometimes the things that boy comes out with just have me in STITCHES!

In a sad note, it seems my pain has come back to my tooth.  The popcorn kernal tooth.  You've got to be kidding.  I'm really hoping it's not infected.  It hurts really really bad right now.  I'm not sure how I'm going to get in to the dentist.  Pete doesn't have much sick time left and the dentist won't be open on Wednesday due to the 4th of July.  I'll have to figure SOMETHING out.  It hurts too bad to just ignore it.

Oh and YIPPEE!  They finally came out with the new Brooks Dyad 7 shoes!  Aren't they pretty!?  I'm sending in my award certificate tomorrow!  I can't WAIT!  I hope it doesn't take long to get them!  I STILL can't believe I won new runing shoes!

Well, I'm off - my mouth is hurting pretty bad despite the fact that I've taken one of the prescription pain killers the dentist gave me when I originally hurt my tooth.  I feel loopy, but still in pain. 

Thanks for reading!  Have a WONDERFUL night! -Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment