Sunday, June 24, 2012

I'm finally a runner!!!!

In my eyes anyway! LOL  I did something on Friday that, for some reason, makes me finally feel like I am a runner!  I ran in the rain!!  It was POURING but I LOVED it!  It was the best run I've had since my race on the 2nd!  This month has really been craptastic for me.  My eating has gotten sloppy, my exercise has gotten sloppy, and my running has been horrible.  I finally feel like I'm back on the wagon.  I kept saying that I was getting back on, but I could never seem to get past the first rung of the ladder!  Now I'm fully back on and ready to go!  I have a 10k to train for after all!!!!

The run was AWESOME!  I ran the hilly loop by my house and I did 3.5 miles!  (the most I've ever run!)  I managed to keep a good pace too!  I finished in 44:38 which gives me about a 12:45 minute mile pace.  Not bad considering all the hills!!  Well, that and the rain!  When I got home, I was so proud of my new status as a runner - I had Pete take my picture!  You can see how totally soaked I was!  I'm wearing a tech shirt so you can't really see it on there, but my pants are clearly soaked!!


Today I have a 2.5 mile run planned - I think I'm going to do it at the park - it's mostly flat with a few slight hills.  I'm still quite sore from Friday - HAHAHA  but it's all good!  I am going to stick to my 10k schedule like glue - that should pull me out of this bad rut I've fallen into!  I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'm NEVER giving up!!! 

Friday night was fun - we took the kids to the drive in movies!!  We saw "Brave" and "The Avengers".  SO MUCH FUN!!  My son thought it was super cool to sit in the back of the minivan with blankets and watch the movie!  Both movies were really really good too!!  What a bonus!  Usually there is only one movie playing that I want to see, for once I wanted to see both!!  We have not had a family date night in ages!  We are generally too broke, but we figured 20 bucks would be ok to do something fun!

Well, I'd better get ready.  Church morning you know!  Then my run at the park!  I'm actually looking forward to it!

Thank you for reading!!  Have a wonderful day!! -Monica

4 comments: