Sunday, June 24, 2012

Running the dirt track!

I had NO IDEA there was a dirt track like a half mile from my house!  How fun is THAT?!  My hubby came today and took a video of me running.  I only did 2.5 miles, but I was SO sore from my long run on Friday, it felt like 25 miles! HA!  At one point I started playing a game with myself.  At the top of the track, the sun was behind me and it cast my shadow in front of me.  DAMN did my shadow look SEXY!!  LOL  All curvy and slender!  When I felt like I wanted to slow down, I started chasing my shadow!  I started chasing the ME that I want to see in the mirror!!  That helped a LOT!  When I was going up the hill I would tell myself to pick up the pace and I FORCED my feet to go faster.  Wow - it's no joke when they say running is mostly a mental sport!  I'll share my video - but no laughing.  I'm aware that I hold my head at an angle - I am trying so hard to break that habit!  My heart rate was up pretty high - I'd say about 160ish.  I didn't wear my heart rate monitor today though - I have some pretty painful cuts from it.  I wonder how much more weight I have to lose before that damned thing stops cutting me.  Anyway - here is my video...

I absolutely LOVE that my son wants to run with me so badly!  He was quite mad at me for not holding his hand!!  He almost knocked me over once!

On Friday we all went to the drive ins - that was SO much fun!  We saw "Brave" and "The Avengers" - both REALLY great movies!  I had not stayed up until 2am like that in FOREVER!  I guess I'm getting old! HA!

Well, I'm beat and I have a movie to watch (from redbox this time!)  Thanks for reading!  Have  a wonderful night! -Monica

3 comments:

  1. Ok, so I'm having a problem uploading the video. I'll try again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great. Looking forward to seeing the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't get it to load. Maybe it's too long....

      Delete