Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Say it isn't so....

Could I really be gluten intolerant?  I freaking hope not, but I'm kind of worried about it.  It's been in the back of my  mind for a few months now. It would explain a lot - my PCOS, infertility, unidentified face pain, arthritis, diverticulosis, allergic reactions to cold temperatures.  I'm a freaking mess.  Could it really be that all these things are not separate but related?  To gluten?  Just for grins and giggles I started looking at labels in my fridge.  I've been eating pretty healthy, I've gotten rid of all the junk that used to line my shelves.  Surely my food is all in order.  Can you believe the only condiments in my fridge that are gluten free are the mustard and the ketchup?  You've got to be kidding me.  There is gluten in my salad dressing, in my bbq sauce, in my soy sauce, in my terriyaki sauce.  My mind has been blown.  I am not sure yet if I am going to do this.  I did request a blood test from my doctor.  Pete is not thrilled about the prospect.  My heart is kind of torn right now.  I honestly can't imagine never going to a spontaneous pizza dinner or hitting the McDonald's drive through or having Chinese food with my inlaws at a nice Chinese place.  Actually - I am down right sad about it.  I am pretty sure I'm going to at least try it to see if I don't feel better.  It's going to be really really hard for me.  I'll admit it.  I'm scared.  I really am.  All I'm going to say is thank GOD chocolate and diet coke are gluten free. HAHAHA

Today is a weight training day.  I only have those dopey 9 lb dumbbells, but I'm going to make the best of what I have!  I'm going to do my workout as soon as I finish up here.

Tomorrow is my weight watcher's weigh in, I'm pretty sure I'm down quite a bit this week.  Thank GOD!  I'm telling you - I HAVE to be on a running program, it forces me to work hard.  Much harder than just going for an easy run at the park.  I'm going to do day 3 of the couch to 5k tomorrow and then on Friday I'm going to do an easy 5k in the park.  I'm doing Katie's virtual 5k from Runs for Cookies.  I'm really looking forward to it!  I printed up the bib and everything!  Nelly is going to run it with me - hopefully it's not pouring rain!  We have not been able to run outside all week, it's either been way to freaking cold, pouring rain, or air stagnation advisory.  Ah the Pacific Northwest weather.  It's a joy!  At this point I'm hoping for either a big snow storm or the spring.  I've had it with this in between misery.  It's gray and cold and just plain nasty.

Well, I think Susie is trying to tell me to close the computer.  She is climbing on my arm and trying to squeeze in between myself and the laptop.  NOT easy to type this way.

Thanks for reading!  Have a wonderful night! -Monica


No comments:

Post a Comment