Tuesday, January 1, 2013

First run of the year!

The New Year's resolution stands to live another day!  I got my run in today - yay!  It was horrible.  I was slow, and sluggish, and having a hard time getting it done.  I can't even believe how much my brain kept trying to defeat me!  I had to keep yelling at myself (in my head of course!) to not wuss out and to keep going.  I did do some more walk/running today.  I'll get there.  I'm not too worried.  I think my crappy run was due in part to lack of sleep and crappy diet the night before.

Let me tell you about New Year's Eve.  It was quite an experience.  If you read my blog from yesterday, you'll see that my daughter peed in all of our beds and I had to strip and wash all of the linens.  What I didn't say was that I had finished making both of the kids' beds - but I had put off making our bed until right before I went to sleep.  That was around 12:30 am.  I made my bed (even though I was a bit tipsy from my two glasses of champagne!).  I got it all made and I crawled into bed.  No sooner did my head hit the pillow than my daughter started crying.  She came into my room so I just pulled her up into my bed with me.  I had just started to drift off when I suddenly felt very warm and wet.  Susie threw up in my bed.  BAD.  Really bad.  She got every single one of our pillows.  All over me, all over the bed, the down comforter, the pillows.  It was horrid.  Pete took care of cleaning Susie up, while he showered her off and got her some fresh pj's, I stripped the bed.  We got everything under control and he went to sleep on the couch holding Susie.  I climbed back into bed sans pillows and just started to drift off again when I heard Pete yell.  I came running out to find that Susie had thrown up all over HIM.  She ALSO got the couch - which we just shampooed the night before!  So I got her some more fresh jammies and I showered her off.  I settled down with her on the couch and she fell asleep on my chest.  I'd say about 15 to 20 minutes later she threw up all over me again.  Oh Lord.  To make a really long story just a bit shorter, Susie threw up a total of 8 times.  It was BAD.  I was so worried, so I called the advice nurse.  I thought for sure she would send us to the ER. Turns out this awful stomach virus is going around and it causes vomiting just like Susie was doing.  My poor baby girl!  I was so afraid she was going to choke on the vomit because after a while it was just thick bile - so I stayed up all night while she slept - just to be sure she was safe.  I finally went to sleep around 5 am, and then my son woke me up around 8.  3 hours of sleep is not quite enough!

Ok - I am guessing you are tired of my New Year's Eve excitement!  Thanks for listening to my rant!  HAHA!  So on to my fitness note... I have been trying to convince Pete to get me a weight set for the garage.  He had agreed the other day, but he seems to have taken it back.  I really need to get some weight training in, I'm not sure how I'm going to do it now.  Cross your fingers that I can talk him back into it!

Thanks for reading!  Have a wonderful night!!  Happy New Year!!!  -Monica


  1. Oh my goodness! Poor baby! Is she felling better now? (And poor you guys for having to endure all that!!!) Amazing that you got the run in after all that excitement! Great job on pushing through!

  2. Thank you Desiree! She is not throwing up anymore - thank God! She seems to have the runs pretty bad now. Hubby just called me to say his tummy was bothering him..... uh oh. Thankfully, Susie ate some breakfast today - she kept taking some from my breakfast too, so she is hungry!!! YAY! Thanks for the encouragement! I felt pretty good after I ran! I fell fast asleep about 10 minutes after my shower - I was beat and the run just kind of put me over the top! :-) Just praying that I don't get the tummy bug!

  3. I'm trying to catch up on all my reading, so I'm sorry this is late.

    Anyway, I'm so sorry to hear about Susie being so sick! Did your son get sick too? I've heard the same virus is going around here, thankfully no one in my family has gotten it yet. (Knock on wood)

    1. sorry - I didn't see your post until just now! Sometimes I forget to look back at old posts! Yep - we ALL got sick. It was a vomitous disaster! LOL Thankfully it has passed. It was only a few days but it sure felt like weeks! I hope you can avoid it - it was brutal!!