Thursday, May 10, 2012

Damn you meth heads....

Thanks to you I can't get a decent cold medicine over the counter anymore.  AAAHHHHHH (pounding her fists in frustration)  I went to take a dose of nyquil that was in my cupboard (not that it works anymore now that they took out the ingredient that actually made it useful) and I noticed that my bottle expired 5 years ago.  WHAT THE HECK?!!  I apparently don't take medicine very often and I NEVER check the dates on them until I need them.  Yesterday I found my vicks vaporub expired like 7 years ago.  HAHAHAHA  I'm my own crown of thorns!  Well, I just popped two advil pm's - the ingredient that makes you sleepy also dries out your mucous membranes so hopefully that gets me some sleep tonight.  I swear - I have the whole shebang - itchy eyes, throat, ears, headache, cough, congestion, sneezing.  My ears are driving me the most crazy - they itch and feel like they are going to pop at the same time.  I know it's from my sinuses draining but sheesh - how uncomfortable can you get!  OH and when my sinuses are full I always get more face pain attacks.  It's been a fun day for me!

Ok - I won't suffer you all through evil cold day 2.  I DID have my Weight Watcher's weigh in today.  I am down 2.8 lbs.  So I lost all the weight (1.6 lbs) that I had gained during my week of partying  indiscretion and then some.  PHEW - crisis averted!  Honestly I think I lost a little more than that - my fingers were a little swollen today and I got my second period since my daughter was born last year.  (crazy but awesome right?)  My body is still all screwed up from pregnancy.  I DO have PCOS so it's not like my body is ever really NORMAL in that area but still - more normal than this! 

As you can imagine - I have not been the happiest lady on the block - what with this hideous cold and my period.  OH and my voice has decided to turn into the most lovely tone of bullfrog!  I kind of sound like Howard's mom on The Big Bang Theory!  "HOWARD - COME RUB SOME VAPORUB ON MY CHEST".  I love that show!

All hope is not lost for the Iris race.  I'm going to try to sell some baby stuff that I don't need anymore and see if I can't come up with the funds.  Then again - I wonder if I should maybe apply that to some really good running shoes from the running store.  I have learned the hard way that I can not just go to the store and buy a pair that looks cute or feels comfortable.  I'm sure a lot is because of my weight - but I need a really good, supportive shoe.  I have my eye on a pair - the running store helped me find the right ones.  Anyway - I need to save up for them because I just do NOT have $100 lying around!  They are really comfy and cute at the same time!  BONUS!!  They are called Dyad 6 by Brooks.  They are mostly white with a little bit of red on them. 

Well, I can feel my advil PM starting to take effect.  I had better call it a night before I start talking weird.  (I apologize if I have already done so but do not yet realize it!)

Thank you so much for reading!  Have a GREAT night!  -Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment