Saturday, May 5, 2012

A day full of running!!

What a fun day this has been!!  This morning I ran with my son in the "Awesome 3000", which is a local race for children from pre - K through high school.  Obviously it's run in different waves depending on age.  My son's group ran 300 meters (about a quarter mile) and I ran with him!  It was SO much fun getting to run with him!  He was doing great until we got to the bleachers and all the people cheering!  He kept looking up and starting to wave!  HAHA  He is such a ham!  He got a medal for running along with a cool race shirt - and the pre - K kids all got a book!  It was so fun!  I'm already looking forward to next year!  It blows me away that I would NOT have been able to do this with him in my previous condition!!  I am SO proud that I was able to run with him and encourage him in his first "race"!  Last night before bed I was talking to him about his upcoming race.  He asked me if he could wear my meter and running watch.  :-)  I LOVE this child!  I am SO proud of the fact that I am making a very obvious and very healthful impression on him!  I hope he wants to be a runner some day too!  I don't think I could say enough how thrilled I am to be able to run this with him!!  He told me is was a Mommy and Colin day!  Yes, my sweet little boy, it was!

I finally got my butt to the gym pretty late tonight.  I won't pretend - these last two weeks of the C25K are VERY hard and I dread them.  I did NOT want to run tonight.  I've been having a LOT of issues with my foot and ankle - I'm pretty sure it's all related to plantar fasciitis.  It's not fun - at times I am actually limping.  Surprisingly enough, it does not hurt at all when I run.  I'm sure I will be feeling it in about an hour.  I'm going to go soak it in Epsom's salts when I'm done writing.  Anyway - so here I am at the gym on the treadmill.  I'm running my heart out and it's getting pretty hard.  I was back in the place where I have to keep telling myself that I can do it, only 10 more minutes, only 8 more minutes, etc.  You get the picture - it's more an exercise of the will rather than of the body.  I am just shy of 5 minutes left when my stupid hand hit the stupid emergency cut off magnet on the treadmill.  OH MY GOD I almost KILLED myself!  I slammed into the console and almost lost my balance and fell off the treadmill!  Thank GOD nobody was there to see it - well, one guy was there and I don't think he actually SAW me, but he heard the stream of obscenities come pouring out of my mouth.  OH MAN I was so pissed!  There was no WAY I could get going again and finish my 5 minutes - I just couldn't run another step.  I don't know why it's so hard to stop and then start again, but it is!  A lot of people tell me they walk/run - or wog?  I think I've heard it called wogging before.  Anyway - I could never do that.  Once I slow down, I lose my momentum.  Maybe when I'm a better runner or when I'm fitter - but for now if I stop, I'm done.  I was kind of irked at myself for stopping 5 minutes shy of my target for the day but I can't complain.  It's better than sitting on the couch eating ice cream.  Ok, maybe not BETTER than that - but surely much more healthful!  HAHA  I wear a fitness meter at all times - it's not one of those expensive and fancy ones (although a girl can dream right?)  this one is from my gym and it's called the easyFIT.  My daily goal is to get 30 points.  I generally get anywhere for 28 - 42.  I'm usually in the low to mid 30's.  Today I got a 57!!  I'm pretty sure that is a record for me!  I'm thinking I may walk around a bit more to see if I can't get to 60!  ok, no I won't.  HAHAHA  I'm beat - time for a shower, some tea (or for some reason I'm thinking I want some decaf coffee), some popcorn, and a scary movie that I rented.   Sounds good to me!

Thanks for reading!  Have a WONDERFUL night!! -Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment