Sunday, May 20, 2012

Still chugging along...

It's been a hard weekend.  My grandmother has been put on hospice and it does not look like she has very long to live.  I'm heartbroken.  She is too far away for me to visit so last year is my last time that I saw her.  I'm thankful she was doing well last year so I have a good memory of her.  I am also glad that she had the chance to hold my daughter.  I miss her so much already, I just wish I was going to have the chance to say goodbye.  :-(

I didn't do much of anything for exercise this weekend.  Saturday was a scheduled rest day but today I was a complete sloth.  I pretty much read a book and slept all day.  Tonight hubby and I did the fit test for Insanity.  OH MY FRIGGIN GOD that was HARD!  My knee was not impressed with the workout and it is a little achy right now.  I'm hoping it will be good to go by tomorrow so I can do my run.  I think I'm going to hold off on Insanity until I lose some more weight and strengthen the muscles around my knee.  I do NOT want to risk a blow out.  Not when I've been doing so well with running!

So I've noticed a side effect of weight loss that I really HATE.  I mean HATE!!!  The skin under my arms is sagging, as is the skin around my belly.  I knew I was going to have some excess skin, but I didn't think I was going to have this much so soon.  I look and feel like the saggy baggy elephant.  I don't know what I'm going to do.  I'm kind of depressed about it.  I was JUST starting to really feel good about how I look. UGH, how frustrating.  I'm going to call my gym tomorrow and ask if I could have a weight training plan made for me - hopefully the weight training will help relieve some of that sag.  I HAVE been doing weight training, but maybe they have a better strategy than what I've been doing.  I'll try anything.

Cross your fingers that my knee is better tomorrow.  It's not bad or anything, but I want it to feel totally normal tomorrow!  Also, if you could please send up a prayer for my grandma, I'd appreciate it.  She is a wonderful person, she does not deserve this long, slow death.  As bad as it sounds, I just pray she goes to sleep and wakes up in heaven.  She really deserves to be at peace. 

Thank you so much for reading.  Have a wonderful night! -Monica

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your grandmother! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary - I appreciate it! I have not heard from anyone for quite a while, I wonder if she is still hanging on. :-/

      Delete