Friday, May 18, 2012

Morning has broken.....

 Today I did my run in the MORNING!  Crazy huh?  It was BEAUTIFUL!  Slightly chilly, but the sun was shining.  It was a PERFECT running temperature!  I want to say it was about 55.  I dropped Colin off at preschool and took Susie to the park with me.  I strapped her into the jogging stroller and off we went!  This time I didn't map out my route ahead of time - I just ran and looked at my watch to know how far I had gone.  It was better that way - instead of my usual laps.  It made it go by faster!  I had one earbud in my ear so I could listen to my podrunner mp3 to help me keep pace without having to look at my watch 30 million times.  Ok so I still looked at my watch 30 million times, but the podrunner REALLY helped keep me on pace!  I am SO going to buy one of their shirts so I can support them!  Of course, not until I can afford one though! LOL  Anyway, there were a few times when my pace slowed a bit, but in general I was able to pick it back up within a few moments.  It was MUCH harder running while pushing the jogger.  I think it would have been a LITTLE easier if I had actually filled the tires a bit - they were a tad on the flat side!  Anyway - I decided since I was one week away from the end of the c25k I would attempt 3 miles and see how long it took.  MUCH to my DELIGHT and surprise - I ran 3 miles in UNDER 40 minutes!  I couldn't BELIEVE it!!  I probably should have finished out a full 5k but I was seriously done.  I couldn't move one more step!  I didn't think I could go that fast for that long!  I am SO proud of myself! 

Tomorrow would have been my 5k.  I'm pretty sad that I won't be able to run it.  It sucks hard being broke.  Today was some consolation though - at least now I know I would have made my goal of finishing in under 40 minutes!  I know I didn't do a full 5k today but I have to imagine the stroller slowed me down a bit!  I'm so darned excited about my pace today!  As if you couldn't tell. HAHAHA

Tonight's dinner was DELICIOUS!!   I cooked a whole chicken on the charcoal grill!  I marinated it for TWO DAYS in olive oil, the juice of two lemons, a sliced up jalapeno, and a bunch of fresh rosemary from my "garden".  (I put garden in quotes because the only thing I am growing are weeds and rosemary LOL)  It was SO YUMMY!  I am totally doing that again!  There is something to be said for cooking on a charcoal grill - it makes everything taste SOOOO good!

Well, I'm about to sign off.  It's actually still early tonight and I think we are going to go on a nice long family walk!  My legs still feel a bit like rubber, but I am SO happy to be feeling mostly healthy again!  I am going to enjoy the lovely weather while it lasts.  Plus, between you and me, my kids sleep MUCH better when they get some fresh air before bedtime!  HA I have ulterior motives!!

Thank you for reading!  I hope you all have a WONDERFUL evening!!  Oh and to all my friends who are struggling - I just want to give you a shout out that I care about you and that I KNOW you can get over this hurdle.  All I can say is just go out and do it!   Sometimes that first push out the door is the hardest.  Like they say, a body in motion tends to stay in motion.  Getting started is the hardest part!  I have faith in you!!  HUGS!!!  -Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment