Thursday, April 5, 2012

Doctor's orders....

I finally gave in and went to the doctor today.  Thankfully I don't have the flu - but I DO have a very nasty virus that has been going around.  The doctor seemed to think I was at the end of it and that I should be feeling more like myself in a few days.  He told me to go home and go to bed and to stay there for two days. HAHAHAHA  He is so funny!  I do plan on heading to bed early tonight though.  Tomorrow is a busy day, so I had better get some rest!

     I'm happy to announce that I have figured out the time discrepancy between my polar and the race!  I noticed that my race day showed two splits - one was five minutes!!!!  When I think back I remembered setting my foot pod to see if it was working.  I must have accidentally started the clock - and when it beeped that my foot pod wasn't registering movement I must have stopped it - that was about 5 minutes!  The time for the second split was about ten seconds slower than the race time.  I remember at the race thinking that I had to run all the way back to the start line - they didn't have a finish line.  They had the sound booth set up about ten seconds before the finish line.  So there you go!  I really DID run my 5k in 43 minutes!!!  I can't wait to see what my next race time is!

I'm still feeling kind of crummy.  I have a feeling this cold is going to turn into a sinus infection - I am really prone to them.  My teeth are starting to hurt and that is usually the sign of an impending sinus infection.  JOY.  Oh well - I can still run with a sinus infection - it's this terrible chest congestion that makes running a bad idea.  I think I am going to run tomorrow though.  I've already lost a week and it kind of pisses me off.  What can you do though - viruses abound!

On a REALLY great note... I had my weight watcher's weigh in today.  I didn't really want to go - but I have not missed a single weigh in for the past 10 weeks and I wasn't about to do it now.  I was ready to hear that I had gained 3 lbs but I DIDN'T!  I actually lost a little less than one pound - but it was enough to put me over the 25lb mark at weight watcher's!  I got my little 25lb charm!  That is so cool!  3 more pounds until I hit my 20% mark!  I can't wait to look the way I feel!  So what are some non scale changes that I have noticed so far?

1.  My  knees don't hurt anymore when I get out of the chair!
2.  When I woke up this morning my PJ pants had fallen off!  How does that even happen?  They have really gotten loose!
3.  My blood sugars have been AMAZING!  I have only had 2 or 3 blood sugars in the pre diabetes range in the past two months!  I'm hesitant to check off that goal on my 38 in 38 - but once my doctor agrees - then I will check it off!
4.  My son asked me how many points was in his fruit snacks.  LOL
5.  I bought my Easter shirt in a size 2x!!!  HOT DAMN!

Ok - now I'm off to my hot tea and then bed!  Thanks for reading!  Have a wonderful night! -Monica

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Non-scale victories! I hope you're feeling better! Congrats on the 25lbs gone!

    Life has been busy the past few days. I've let it get in the way of my healthy goals. NEED to get back to it!

    ReplyDelete