Sunday, April 15, 2012

An unexpected discovery...

This morning we were running around, getting ready for church.  That is our typical Sunday morning M.O..  Well, this morning there was a new twist on our routine.  I had to change my outfit SIX TIMES because all my dressy shirts were too big!  How cool is that?  I finally had to pull out a shirt that I wore on my honeymoon!!  Guess what?  It fit better today than it did back then!  How exciting!!  I'm going to have to make a trip to goodwill soon or else I'm going to be walking around naked! HAHA

Hubby got a lot of projects done around the house this weekend!  It was so nice to have those things finally repaired!  I'm so thankful he knows how to do these things!  If we had to hire out, we would be in big trouble!  After I finish writing this, I'm going to head into the kitchen and dining room so I can wash the floor on my hands and knees.  I generally wash it with that libman freedom mop.  I really love that thing - but the floor is due to have a deep cleaning that you really can't get with a mop.  I'm actually not dreading it - I used to because it would make me get so out of breath but not anymore!!

A few weeks ago I ordered a headband from a small company called bolt headbands.  I was kind of bummed that it wouldn't stay on my head.  I tried hair clips and bobbipins.  NOTHING would make that thing stay on.  I finally contacted the company today.  I don't know what I expected but I definitely did not expect the quick and helpful response that I got!  The owner emailed me a few minutes later and told me to mail back the headband and she would send me a sport headband (the one I got is more of a fashion accessory, so it does not stay in your hair as well).  She also said she was going to send me a free gift!  How nice is that?!  I'm so excited to get my new headband!  I really like running with them - they keep the sweat out of my eyes!  It's so nice to have such amazing customer service!  I'll have to post a pic of my new headband when it gets here!

Pete gave me such a nice compliment today and I don't think he even realized how nice it was!  He told me that when he saw me running yesterday I looked like I was running easier.  I'm taking that to mean I looked like I knew what I was doing because it sure as hell was not an easy run for me!  HA!  I really am proud of myself for starting this and sticking with it!  I know for a fact that this is the longest I have ever stuck to a workout and diet plan EVER!  I think part of that is the fact that I am not looking at this as a diet and exercise plan.  I'm just looking at this as the way I need to live.  My son told me that he wanted to run like Mommy - in circles at the park.  HAHAHA  Actually - that really made my day too, because that tells me that I AM making an impression.  I'm not just making an impression - but I'm making a HEALTHY impression.  That is so important to me.  I want my children to grow up healthy and fit - I don't want them to ever suffer obesity.  It sucks hard. 

Well, I hear my floors calling me.  I suppose I should get to it!  Thank you so much for reading!   Oh - and by the way, I've posted new pictures and measurements in their respective tabs!   Have a wonderful night!  -Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment