Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sick day number 2... but amazing news!

This morning I was sure that I would be able to do my run tonight.  I had some errands to run so I packaged up the kids and whisked them away to the grocery store.  I got about a quarter of the way through my shopping when I suddenly felt as if I were going to vomit.  I got dizzy and the cold sweats - then the body aches came back with a vengeance.  Apparently, grocery shopping was too much for my body to handle.  Hopefully I will be back on track tomorrow.  I really wanted to go running tonight but I know that would not be a wise thing to do.  I suspect I have the flu (even though I did get a flu shot).  I also suspect that I may never have actually HAD the flu before since I don't remember ever feeling quite so lousy.

Now for the AMAZING news - and I DO mean amazing!  I got the results from my race.  My official time was 43:32!  WHAT!!!!!!  I was shooting for sub 50 and I got sub 45!!  NO WAY!!  In all honesty, when I crossed the finish line I totally expected my Polar to say 46 minutes, I was shocked and a LITTLE disappointed by 49!  My average pace truly seemed to be around 14:55 - the only time it slowed was when the wind was brutal or a few times when I started getting lost in my own head. (yeah, I'm THAT kind of runner lol)  I don't know how my watch could be so different.  Who knows, maybe I need to re read the instruction book. There ARE a lot of bells and whistles on that thingy!   I can't imagine the time from the race keeper would be off.  There were only 65 ish people in the race so it's not like there was a lag time from the air horn to when my foot crossed the start line - it was a matter of seconds really.  I'm pretty sure I was in the third row of people - we probably could have done the whole race in three rows if we all stood shoulder to shoulder! HA  All in all, it was a GREAT experience!  My dream of a 10 minute mile suddenly seems possible!  YIPPEE!

Ok, well, my baby girl is screaming again.  She just feels plain lousy - quite honestly, so do I.  I won't lie - I have not been tracking my meals very well for the past two days.  I promise tomorrow I will go back to normal.  It doesn't help that the house is practically bare.  I TRIED to go grocery shopping today but I didn't make it.  I'll have to give hubby a list and send his butt out the door!  Oh boy, now my son is crying too.  How many weight watcher's points do you think a shot of rum is?  HAHAHA  Joking, I'm still nursing my daughter - I don't get to drink for a while.  :-P

Thanks for reading!  Have a WONDERFUL night!  Hopefully I'll be back to myself tomorrow!!! -Monica

2 comments:

  1. WooHoo! That's awesome news!
    Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was pretty excited!! I'm feeling a little better - but not a whole lot. The doctor told me not to run for a few days. I'm not sure I am going to be able to ablige. :-P

    ReplyDelete