Thursday, April 12, 2012

They're out to get me...

My disorders!  At least, that is how it felt tonight!  I did my run tonight  - week 5, day 1.  It was pretty hard, but not as hard as I thought it was going to be.  About 10 minutes into my run I started getting face pain attacks.  OH MY GOD they were bad.  I counted 7 or 8 of them.  I'm sure the people at the gym thought I was losing my mind.  It's sort of a knee jerk reaction to gasp and then slap my hand to the pain.  Thankfully my pains are very quick - although still VERY intense.  There were a few times that I almost quit.  I was thinking - who would blame me for quitting with such bad face pain.  Then I realized - I WOULD!  I pushed on.  The last two minutes were TORTURE!!  I wanted to quit SO BAD!  I didn't though!  I just looked straight ahead and concentrated on a little black smear on the wall.  It's funny the strange things that pop into your head when you are trying to clear your mind!  First I thought the black spot was a booger and I imagined someone flung it there while they were running. GROSS I know.  Then I imagined the spot was blood from some guy's tooth because he accidentally knocked off the emergency stop button and when the treadmill suddenly stopped he slammed his mouth on the treadmill panel and knocked out a tooth.  OMG my mind is insane sometimes!  Anyway - after my run I noticed I was feeling shaky.  I checked my blood sugar and it was 65!!  YIKES!  That is pretty low.  I won't drive anywhere unless I'm 95 or above.  Luckily I had a bag of my son's fruit snacks in my purse. That did the trick.  I had to sit in my car for 15 minutes, waiting for my sugar to come back up.  I'm not sure what to make of this blood sugar problem.  It seems I've gone from diabetes to hypoglycemia.  If this keeps up, I'm going to have to call my doctor.  I was hoping to wait until I've lost 60 lbs before going to see him.  I wanted to shock him - somehow 30 lbs does not quite have the same shock value!

Ok - that was a really long and weird paragraph.  Sorry about that.  HAHA  I'm just glad to be back in the saddle after two craptastic weeks!  Today's run was great, my eating was great, and I still have a few weight watcher's points left over for a sugar free hot cocoa and some popcorn!  Then I'm off to bed!

Thanks for reading!  Have a GREAT night!! -Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment