Saturday, September 15, 2012

Constant state of ache...

I seriously hurt.  My legs are just sore.  There is no other way to say it.  While I'm proud of the ache, I need to be sure I don't get lazy now.  I feel like I have FINALLY gotten back on the wagon after months of being dragged behind it. I don't want this soreness to get in my way. 

I have not seen any weight change - I suspect I am battling the side effects of my Trigeminal Neuralgia medication.   On top of that - I'm still getting pain.  At first it seemed much duller than before so I wasn't very concerned.  Now it seems like the pain is back full force.  I am NOT going to up the dosage of my meds.  No way.  I'm starting to think that maybe I should just forget the medication and just suffer.  It's frustrating to work very hard at something and not get anywhere.  The other sucky thing is that I have to take these meds 3 times a day - that means every 8 hours.  I need more than 8 hours of sleep.  I always have and I probably always will.  On top of not getting a full 9 hours, my daughter keeps waking up around 1 am.  I am just NOT getting a good sleep and I am starting to really feel affected by it.  I'm tired AND sore!

Wow, is this post turning into a real bitchfest or what?  Sorry!  Today was a day off of running - but I had SO much fun!  I went to a weight watcher's open house with my kids, Nelly, and her son.  They had lots of food that was weight watcher's friendly.  Lots of desserts - I only had two small things.  While they were good, they didn't seem worth the points to me.  After the open house, I told Nelly that I was going to walk downtown with the kids and meet up with Pete.  It's about a 3 mile walk or so.  She decided to leave her car and walk with us.  It was so fun doing that - the kids were acting up because they were hungry, but once we stopped for lunch everyone was happy again!  I'll tell ya - I have a thing or two to learn from Nelly!  I tend to be a really spontaneous person - I don't plan much.  At least, not far in advance anyway! HA!  Every time we go somewhere she has little snacks packed away and extra clothes and toys and stuff.  Wow - I grab diapers, wipes, my kids and I'm out!  I think I need to start packing more stuff in my diaper bag!  I've got some crayons in mine, but no coloring books or paper.  Bad right? HA!  Oops - I'm getting off track!  Anyway - after lunch we went to the carousel for a ride and then we went to the splash pad!  I didn't know they were still on during the weekends!  Good thing - it was HOT today!  The kids had SO much fun running around in the water!  Susie even got in on the action!  I didn't know the splash pad was open so I didn't have swim suits - remember, I don't plan ahead much!!  So the kids just played in their clothes - it's just water, why not have fun?!  Poor Colin - his shorts were a little on the large side, so once they got wet they kept falling down!  The poor kid had his butt crack showing half the time!  I was trying to keep on top of that - but I had to chase Susie around too!  All in all it was a great time!

After that we didn't do much at all!  We drove Nelly and her son (I keep saying her son because I'm not sure if she would want me to say his name on here - I actually DO know his name!) back to their car and we went home.  I've basically been doing laundry ever since!  MAN does it ever pile up around here!

Oh - on the milestone front - Susie is spending the first night in her big girl bed!  I'm hoping it eliminates her middle of the night screaming.  I was starting to wonder if her crib mattress is just too hard for her.  We shall see!  I could really use some sleep!

I'm playing with the idea of going on a 3.5 mile run tomorrow.  I also wanted to do zumba at the gym.  I'm not sure if I have it in me to do both though!  I really hope I see a weight loss this week.  I could really use the encouragement from that!!

Thanks for reading!  Have a WONDERFUL night! -Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment