Thursday, September 27, 2012

Not as bad as I expected!

Today's run was actually pretty good!  It took a little while to shake the lead out of my legs, but after about a mile I actually started to lose track of the distance!  I hope it's like that for my long run this week! HA! 

I was feeling a bit ambitious, so I also did an upper body workout at the gym!  According to my 10k program, I was supposed to do this anyway - but it always seemed like too much!  I won't lie - it was pretty tough.  My knees were giving me trouble towards the end.  It wasn't bad - only when I was getting up from one machine to go to the next.  After working out (with Pete - I LOVE going to the gym with him - it's been far too long!) we took the kids to the pool.  That is when my knees decided they had enough for the day.  Honestly - I have hardly used a chair in the past two weeks.  I took some advil tonight in hopes of relaxing any inflammation.  Tomorrow I am SO taking the day off.  I mean from everything.  Don't come over, because my house will not be cleaned tomorrow.  I will take my son to and from school - but in the car.  I will make meals for everyone, but in between that - I will be sitting.  I'm supposed to run 3.5 miles on Saturday and I want to make sure my knees are ok!

On the weight watcher's side of things - I have only lost .8 of a pound this week.  UGH this nickel and dime crap is REALLY starting to get on my nerves.  I have decided to take the Weight Watcher's Thanksgiving challenge.  Don't ask - because I have not read all the information yet.  I'll fill you all in tomorrow!  I know that 1. that time of the month is just around the corner and 2. I most likely still have some of that medicine in my system.  I am PRAYING that I start seeing some real loss next week.  I truly have increased my exercise - to the point where I am just blown away that I have not lost anything!

Well, it's very late and I'm very tired.  I'd say it's time to call it a day!  Thanks for reading!  Have a WONDERFUL night! -Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment