Monday, September 24, 2012

Flu shots....

For the kids.  Please - anyone - if I EVER think it's a good idea to get both kids immunized at the same time - slap some sense into me.  It was AWFUL!  I had Colin done first because I knew he would realize it was a shot after we did Susie and there would be no holding him down.  He was SO good about it - he lay there and let the nurse clean his thigh - he even giggled because he said it was cold and it tickled.  Then she stuck him.  Oh.  My.  God.  You would have thought she snipped off his finger.  The scream that came out of that child was unlike any scream I have witnessed in my entire life.  When Susie saw her big brother screaming, she decided that she had to scream too.  They gave her the injection and she started screaming even worse!  It was crazy!  We walked out to the car with the both of them screaming their heads off.  I finally talked them out of crying by taking them for some ice cream.  As soon as the ice cream was gone, the screaming started again.  WOOF what an afternoon! 

After Susie had her nap and Colin had some quiet time, we had a fun afternoon!  We picked Pete up from work and then went to the Y.  We dropped the kids off in the daycare (which was VERY hard for me, I've never left Susie with anyone - and she didn't seem to even care!  Talk about rip my heart out!).  Then Pete and I did our upper body weight training together!  It was like old times!  Pre kids - pre marriage!  It was SO GREAT!  Then after we were done, we checked the kids out and took them swimming!  We all had a really great time!  Thankfully I was thinking ahead this morning and had dinner going in the crock pot all day - and I made a rice cooker full of rice during Susie's nap!  We all came home, had dinner, bathed, and put the kids to bed!  It was AWESOME!

Now I am totally wiped!  I have a 3 mile run tomorrow with Nelly and I'm so worried about it!  My legs hurt so bad!  I also realized that there are only 8 weeks until Thanksgiving.  That means there are only 8 weeks until my 10k.  I'm starting to freak out.  I hope I can get ready in time.  Quite honestly - I'm a bit scared.  I have to get REALLY dedicated - FAST!

Well, it's my bedtime!  Thank you so much for reading!  Have a WONDERFUL night! -Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment