Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Looking forward to autumn....

I am REALLY looking forward to the fall.  I can't believe it's going to be almost 90 for the next few days.  I'm so over it.  I'm ready for cool weather and rain!  At least I can run in that kind of weather.  I have slacked off SO bad this summer.  I am just not designed for heat.

I have a few races in my sights.  The first one is at the end of September - it looks like a lot of fun.  It's about 45 minutes from my house, but it's at a fall festival and I am SO into fall celebrations.  I don't know if I've ever mentioned it, but the fall is my FAVORITE time of year!  I LOVE the crisp air, the smell of fresh apples and mowed hay.  I LOVE picking pumpkins and sewing my kids' Halloween costumes.  I LOVE the colorful leaves and the hayrides.  Most people get "twitterpated" in the spring, but not me.  I am completely in love with the fall!  That and it marks the return of running weather!  Well, I got a bit off track there.  The second race I have in mind is on Thanksgiving.  I may try to squeak another race in between somewhere but it all depends on finances.  I have always wanted to run a Turkey trot - BIG time.  I always thought it was cool to run and then eat like a pig. HA!  I LOVE harvest decorations and the comforting smell of roasting turkeys and pork and roasted veggies.  Wow - can you tell I'm ready for summer to end?

I finally started the medication for my trigeminal neuralgia.  So far it has been working pretty well.  I've only had a handful of pains and they were really much less intense than usual.  The only thing that sucks is how freaking tired I feel on this stuff.  I don't know if I can take this when I'm home with the kids.  Mom and Pete are here and I just keep falling asleep.  I'm not even taking the full dose yet.  Sheesh.  I hope this side effect eventually wears off and I can still function as a normal human being on this stuff.  It's SO nice to not have pains in my face all the time!!

Mom goes home tomorrow.  I am heartbroken.  I am really dreading saying goodbye because I know I'm going to cry.  It's going to be really hard to say goodbye.  Especially since we never know when we will get to be together again.  I miss her already.

We spent the last 3 days at the coast.  It was a LOT of fun!  One really cool thing - we stopped at the outlet stores just for the fun of it and I thought - what the hell, I'll try on some jeans at the Gap.  In my mind - the Gap is for skinny chicks.  I have never owned Gap anything in my entire life.  Guess what?  I am NOW the proud owner of a Gap sweatshirt!  WHAT??!?!!  I also tried on a pair of Gap jeans and what do you know?  They fit?!  I didn't buy them because I couldn't justify spending that much on jeans - especially when they won't be fitting me for long!   We also checked out the Eddie Bauer store.  I have always said that I would wear Eddie Bauer clothes if I was ever thin and wealthy. HA!  I have just always gravitated toward the New England style of clothes.  It just fits my personality.  I am in desperate need of a winter coat this year.  I have a fleece jacket - but it's a 4x and it looks like I'm wearing a tarp now. HA!  I tried on some coats at Eddie Bauer and THEY FIT!  HOW AWESOME!  I didn't buy one - but maybe I will think about hitting the outlet again before the cold weather sets in.

We had a GREAT time at the beach.  I have a bunch of great pics that I will put on here on Thursday.  I want to get back to my Mom right now.  Susie was walking in on the beach for her first time and she was having a blast.  She tripped and fell on her face and JUST as she fell, a wave of really cold water came up and washed over her up to her neck.  OMG was she pissed!  I don't blame her - it was COLD!  It was funny though - we were laughing so hard.  I told me Mom that it wasn't nice to throw the baby into the ocean like that. HA!  We had tears in our eyes.  I guess you had to be there - it was hilarious!   We walked around the quaint little town - that is always fun!  Lots of little artsy shops to look in.  Of COURSE we stopped and had some handmade ice cream.  We ate like crap the whole time - but I'm cool with it.  I don't get to have fun with my Mom very often!  OOH and one other cool thing.... I tried on a pair of size 16 jeans and THEY FIT!  They were a little too snug to actually wear around - but they fit!  I don't know if they are a bigger size 16 or what - but still!  Just the fact that then went on and buttoned without too much coercion! HA!!

Ok - I'm off to be with Mom!  Thanks for reading!  Have a WONDERFUL night! -Monica

2 comments:

  1. Its the best feeling and biggest reward when you can buy clothes that you never thought you could! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shannon! I'm still in disbelief!! I am SO going to buy myself a nice winter coat! THe one I have now is a 4x and it looks like a tent on me! HA!

      Delete