Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Drip drip drop little April showers....

  Oh wait, it's still March.  MAN this weather is GETTING to me!  I'm starting to feel like a shut in!  At least you can go outside when it snows - when it rains, you're stuck.  That and the snow reflects the sunlight into your eyes - the Pacific Northwest is just grey and gloomy.  It's actually quite depressing.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to do a 5k run in the park - just so I can see what kind of time I'm pulling.  It's also supposed to rain ALL DAY.  You know what - I'm gonna suck it up and run in the rain.  If I'm going to be a runner in Oregon, I had better get used to it!  I don't really have any running clothes - my only running pants are getting decidedly too big.  That's a good thing - but it's hard when you can't afford any new clothes!!  I also wear a fitness meter at all times - but it can't get wet.  Maybe I'll rig a ziplock baggie over it so it stays dry!  The only bummer is that I have just ONE pair of sneakers - I'll have to hang them near the fireplace tomorrow night so they dry for the next day! 

I also have a dentist appointment tomorrow.  Can I just say how much I DETEST going to the dentist.  I'm dreading it!  Hopefully it goes quickly - my husband is coming home early to watch the kids - then he is off to give his final exam.  I was supposed to go to the chiropractor tomorrow evening, but there is no way I'm going to make it.  I'll have to call in the morning.  I'm also going to try to get into the gym so I can weigh in.  I had signed up for a weight loss challenge - the winner at my club gets 3 months FREE!!  I can live with that!  The top winner in the country gets a million bucks!  I don't imagine I'll be winning that!  The person who won last year dropped 80 pounds in 2 months.  How in the hell is that even POSSIBLE?  I don't want to do it that way anyway - how much do you think that woman has gained back by now?  I want to keep it off and be healthy, so I'll go the slow route, thank you very much!

I'm pretty excited about running tomorrow!  Wish me luck!!  I'm hoping to finish 5k in under 50 minutes.  That would be AWESOME!

Well, I'm off to bed.  Tomorrow should be interesting!  They said the rain could turn to snow tonight.... so much for my dripping little April showers!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you. When is the rain going to stop?!!! We have had snow ALL day. I have been up since 5:30 and it's been going the whole time.

    How did your run go? I'm the same. No workout clothes for the rain, one pair of shoes. Need to get better prepared if I'm going to be active in the NW.

    What kind of fitness monitor do you have? I've been thinking of getting something.

    Best Wishes for your 5k training. I'm sure you'll get under 50.

    ReplyDelete