Monday, March 12, 2012

Eyes on the prize!

Today I was shaking my hands over the sink after I washed them and my wedding rings flew off!  This is the second time this has happened!  My rings have always been tight enough that I have a permanent indentation on my finger!  The first time it happened I figured it was a fluke but here it happened a second time!  Maybe I should have been getting my finger measurements too!  HAHAHA

     I had my lower body workout at the gym today.  It was a disaster.  I did my 5 sets of 10 reps on the leg extension machine - I even lowered the weight to almost nothing - but it still hurt my knee.  Running does not hurt my knee and I am NOT going to risk not running because of leg extensions!  I should have quit as soon as I realized it was going to hurt.  I am kicking myself right now.  I did my leg curls and presses (which did not hurt thankfully).  The thing that really hurt my feelings pissed me off was that the abductor/adductor machine was OBVIOUSLY made for someone with slender thighs.  Seriously - I don't see how a man could even use that machine.  The handles were set SO CLOSE to the legs that they dug into the underside of my legs.  I am probably going to have bruises tomorrow!  I couldn't even do my entire routine - it was that bad.  I think I am going to switch things up and instead of a lower body workout, I'm just going to cross train on the elliptical.  Once I lose more weight, I'll go back to the weights.  I'll keep my upper body routine as it is though.  I do like weight training - but today was really disappointing.

     On a happier note - I have decided that I am going to run my first 5k on April 1st.  I am so excited!  I'm going to get my registration in the mail tomorrow!  I can't wait!  I know it's only a few weeks away and I'm only in the second week of my couch to 5k program, but I know I can do it.  I actually had been running 3.1 miles 3 days a week for the past month, but I realized I was going about training the wrong way.  Since I wanted to improve my times, I started the C25K program.  It might take me 50 minutes to finish but I WILL finish!  Who knows, maybe the excitement of race day will spur me on to a PR!!

     I came up with a list of 38 things I am going to accomplish by the time I turn 38 next year.  WOW, accomplishing those things will make SUCH a huge difference in my life!  I'm VERY excited for the future!  I'm really looking forward to checking those goals off as I reach them!  I know it won't always be easy.  I know I will come up against obstacles - I'm not foolish, I'm realistic!  I think as long as I do one thing, I will get through.  What's that one thing?  Easy!!  KEEP MY EYES ON THE PRIZE!!

     Thanks for reading!! -Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment