Monday, March 19, 2012

Peek a boo!

That is the game my underwear was playing with my running pants while I ran on the treadmill today.  I am SOOOO thankful that the gym was empty!  I must have hiked my pants up a zillion times!  I guess that's a really good sign!  I don't know what I'm going to run my race in!!!  I can't believe I've lost enough weight to have this problem!  I am SO proud of myself!

I did NOT want to go to the gym again.  It seems that is the case more often lately.  I think I've just been tired lately.  I am SO glad I went though!  Today was supposed to be a weight training day but I switched things up a bit and did another run.  My hubby has a half day on Wednesday and I want to be able to go running at the park.  I want to run 5k so I can see what kind of time I am pulling.  I have not run a straight 5k in over a month - I've been doing the intervals of this couch to 5k.  I hope the 5k feels a LITTLE easier than before!  This couch to 5k is getting HARD!  I was really shaking in my boots about starting today - it is day 1 week 3.  It jumps from jogging 1.5 minutes to jogging for 3 minutes!  To me that is a HUGE difference!  I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to do it, but I did!!  YAY ME!  I won't pretend it was easy, because it sure was NOT!  I am SO excited that I was able to do that!  The goal is to get to the point of running an entire 5k at 4.5.  Ok, I'm sure I've said that before - but there is nothing wrong with reminding myself right? 

I have a very strange "win" today.  Let me preface this by saying - I always seem to wash everyone's clothes but my own.  I always end up with nothing to wear.  As I was getting changed to go to the gym I realized that I didn't have any clean underwear.  (yeah yeah I will admit it - I stayed in my PJ's all day today and it felt GREAT!)  The only pair I had left was the pair I wore on my wedding day.  I'm thinking - yeah right, I couldn't squeeze into those.  Guess what?  THEY FIT!  They fit PERFECTLY!  I'm still in shock!

Today I called the folks who are hosting the 5k I'm running on the 1st.  I wanted to be sure they received my registration on time.  I just thought I'd ask how many people were registered.  I wanted to get an idea of how many people were going to be there.  I almost fell on the floor when he told me 60!!!  That's IT??  60 people?  Well, on the upside - I am going to get the free goody bag.  My motto is and always has been "if it's free, it's for me". HAHAHA  I hope I don't come in last but as long as I come it, that is all that truly matters!  I'm starting to get addicted to www.coolrunning.com I keep looking up races and "planning" my summer and fall out.  If only I had an unlimited amount of racing money!  I'm really going to enjoy evolving as a runner!  I already am!  I'm also thinking of joining the local road runner's club.  I'm not sure if I feel ready for that - but I feel like I need a running buddy.  I will have to contact them and see if they have anyone who is beginning and very heavy like me.  I don't know why that matters, but I feel like running with a skinny person - even if they run at the same pace - would be intimidating.  I need to get over that.

I'm going to call it a night, I can hear my bed calling my name!  I'll have to check out goodwill for a pair of running pants so I don't play peek a boo with any of my gym mates!!  HA!

Thanks for reading! -Monica

2 comments:

  1. Great idea to head to Goodwill. Did you find something? If not I guess keep some safety pins on hand!

    I'm not sure if I want to be a runner. Right now walking and jogging is enough of a workout. Maybe once I lose more weight it will be easier on my body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend actually surprised me and sent me a new pair of running pants! They are SO nice! I still can't believe it!!

    It doesn't really matter WHAT you do - as long as you move! Right?! I have always wanted to be a runner - but that's just me! My great grandmother used to always say "To each his own". I completely agree with her!!

    ReplyDelete