Thursday, March 22, 2012

I have a red mark....

Where I kicked my own butt!!!  HOLY COW was it a hard run today.  It was the same thing I did on Monday, but for some reason it was harder today!  Maybe it had something to do with the fact that on Monday there was a fan blowing in my face the whole time.  I can't believe how hard I was sweating!  It's funny how proud I feel of all that sweat!  I also love the fact that when I go to the gym, I know people there!  I have turned into a regular!  Isn't that awesome?!

     Weight watchers was ok.  I lost .8 of a pound.  I was disappointed but I have to be real with myself.  This past week has not been my strongest in terms of tracking everything I eat and measuring.  I have gotten a little generous with my portions.  Tomorrow I'm back to a tight ship!  I can't be TOO upset though - I still lost, even though I goofed off a bit.  I'm just going to brush it off my shoulders, hold my chin up, and push on!  I have to remind myself - this is not something that is going to have an ending.  I'm not in this to get thin and then go back to "normal".  This is a LIFE change.  This is FOREVER.  If I can't do this forever, then I'm doing something wrong!

     On the trigeminal neuralgia front... my lips have been tingling for the last three days.  It's MADDENING.  It's almost akin to having an itch you can't scratch.  Thankfully the pains have been minimal - only a jolt here or there - but I would be SO happy if my lips would go back to normal.  I am starting to notice some of the tingling on the tip of my tongue.  If it travels down my tongue any further - I'm going to have to go see my doctor.  I KNOW I couldn't handle that sensation.

     My new running pants are AMAZING!  They are SUPER soft and they hang just right!  I think it's safe to say these are the most comfortable running pants I have ever worn!!  I may need to hem them just a tad (what else is new, I'm short!) but for now I've got them hiked up to my boobs. HAHAHA  The nice thing is that they have a draw string - so I can wear them longer even once I lose another pant size!  Unfortunately the sneakers didn't quite fit right.  I wore them in the house for a day and they were really making my ankles hurt.  I'm going to bring them in on Saturday and exchange them for a different fit.  I think a lot has to do with how heavy I am. I really need to wear a cushioning shoe or else I'll end up with foot pain.  I feel really bad for bringing them back to the store - I hope it doesn't make me seem ungrateful.  I was SO touched to get that surprise package in the mail! It's so nice to know you're being thought of!

     The hubs has the day off tomorrow so I think I'm going to go to the park and try to calibrate my foot pod.  I've been putting that off for over a month now.  I don't really know HOW to do it, but I'm going to have to figure it out!  I want to wear it in my race so I know what kind of pace I am doing!  I can't wait for my race!  Not long now!  I'll have to put my nose to the grindstone between now and then, and be sure to leave a few more red marks!!!

Thanks for reading!  Good night! -Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment