Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Scavenger Hunt...

     Tonight was a very late workout.  My son just would NOT go to sleep tonight.  He is apparently afraid of everything in his room now.  I'm not really sure what to do for him.  The screaming and sneaking into our bed is getting really old.  I didn't make it to the gym until almost 10!  I still managed to get a really great upper body routine in - my arms are actually shaking right now!  I'm so proud of myself for toughing it out.  Oh how I wanted to sit on my butt and not go to the gym tonight!

     While I was working out tonight I got to thinking.  I have been going pretty steadily for 3 months now - with the exception of 1 week when I was resting an injury.  In the beginning of January there was a group of kids in their late teens - possibly early twenties but I don't think they were that old.  The one girl did nothing but abduction exercises for like an HOUR - all while on her cell phone.  Her girlfriend was on the leg press for about the same length of time and she was texting.  There was a guy there too but he was actually working out. Anyway, these girls would both turn their heads and then look at me - then they would gossip together and giggle.  They kept doing it over and over again - it was very obvious they were laughing at me.  Then one of the girls said something totally nasty to me.  Honestly I don't remember what she said, but it was VERY hurtful.  I brushed her off, but as soon as I got in the car I cried my eyes out.  Why am I bringing this up?  Well, I noticed today that I have not seen those kids since January.  Who is laughing now?  (thumbs thrusting toward chest) THIS GUY!  I swear, the weirdest things come to my mind when I'm lifting weights.  lol

     I had two very suave and impressive moves at the gym tonight.  I was doing leg lifts with the big balance ball and when I lifted my legs in the air - the ball fell out and nailed me in the head.  It made a loud smacking sound and everyone looked at me.  LOL My face turned so red and it wasn't from the impact!   Then about 20 minutes later I was doing triceps push downs.  It was my last set so my arms were shaking and tired.  I was trying to keep my core tight so all the work was going to my arms.  Well, I was keeping my core a little TOO tight because I accidentally tooted.  OMG I was SO embarrassed!  Thankfully nobody turned around that time.  It wasn't very loud or anything, thankfully everyone had headphones on!  Jeez, what a night!

     Tomorrow is my Weight Watcher's weigh in!  I don't know why I always get nervous.  I know the scale doesn't measure all the progress I'm making, but somehow it makes you feel good to see a downward trend!  I have not yet had a zero loss week or a gain - I know there is one in my future, but I don't want one!!!  I think I did pretty well this week.  I'm suspecting a 3lb loss.  I'm not going to count my chickens before they are hatched though!

     Last night I went on a CRAZY scavenger hunt!  I tore my house apart.  I checked the couch, all the junk drawers, the dryer - behind and UNDER the dryer, the car.  I looked EVERYWHERE I could think of.  Guess what?  I managed to find enough to enter my race!!!!  I am SOOOOOOOO excited!  This has been a really great week!  So many positive things!  Don't get me wrong - lots of bad things happened too, but I have decided that I am going to focus on the positive things as often as I can.  Somehow it makes the crappy things feel a bit further away!  I'm so excited about all the positive changes in my life right now!  I love the feeling of raw determination!  It has so much more staying power than motivation!  It just goes to show you.... seek and ye shall find!!

     Thanks for reading!  Have a WONDERFUL night! -Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment