Friday, March 30, 2012

I'm about two months away....

From being able to buy clothes in the "Activewear" section of Target the hundred dollar store.  That excites me SO MUCH!  They actually have some pretty nice technical clothes for a very good price!  I saw some wicking T shirts (V neck - my FAVORITE) for only $9.99!!    I don't know if it's possible for me to convey how EXCITING that is for me!  It's funny - I had kind of a hard day today.  I ate pizza - more than I should have - but I logged it in my Weight Watcher's food diary and used the points.  Technically it is not off limits - but it is not a wise food due to how many points it took.  I should have known I would cave and eat crap today.  My son AND daughter have fevers.  It scares me when the baby gets a fever.  It just worries me because she can't tell me what hurts.  Anyway - the stress from that along with the anxiety/excitement of my race as well as something that happened in my family that really REALLY upset me.  Well, I have to admit I'm human.  Crap gets to me.  I screwed off.  Oh well - I'm picking myself up and pushing on!  This picture says it all for me:

Today was a rest day for me because MY RACE IS IN TWO DAYS!!  OH MY GOD!  How am I going to get any SLEEP?  I am SOOOOOO excited.  Wow, can you tell I'm all geared up!?  I wish I had a nice technical shirt for my race, but they are WAY too expensive in my size right now.  As I said above - I should be able to buy one from Target in a few months!  Hopefully I can do that by my second race which is May 19th!  I'm going to try to run a race every month - that should help keep me focused on running instead of weight  loss.  I'm not sure why that changes it for me but it does.  Maybe it has something to do with the fact that weight loss seems daunting to me sometimes.  When I see how far I have to go it makes me want to give up.  With running I can already do it, I just need to improve.  I don't know if that makes any sense, but it works for my crazy brain!

So speaking of my race, the weather is supposed to be craptastic.  It's supposed to be cold and rainy.  I have a friend who is a runner  - as are her beautiful daughters.  She mentioned to me that I had better not wear a light colored shirt.  OH MY GOD I had never even thought of that!  I told her I might not place first in the race but I would win a wet T shirt contest in a heartbeat!  That had seriously never even crossed my mind!  Could you imagine my picture as I crossed the finish line?

Well, I had better get going.  Both kids have fevers and congestion.  I'm going to have to set up the air mattress in the baby's room so both kids can benefit from the humidifier.  Colin loves camping in Susie's room - it's exciting for him!  He is such a cutie pie!

Thanks for reading!  Have a wonderful night!  -Monica

2 comments:

  1. I'm SO excited for your race tomorrow!
    I have to admit I looked out the window today and thought "Oh, poor Monica is probably going to have bad weather for her run" We had rain for ours too, well half of it then the sun started coming out. We were wet but it was fun!

    Sorry your kiddos are so sick! Take care of yourself too.

    I'm with you, I can't wait to be able to shop in normal stores. More options and WAY cheaper prices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! BOY it was a rough night. I didn't get to sleep until 3 am because the kids kept waking up coughing or some other cold symptom. I fell asleep in the chair with the baby and she woke up an hour later. Hubby got her then and I went back to bed. Then my son woke up at 5 and that was the end of that. I feel like a zombie! Worse yet - I have a sore throat. Tomorrow's race is going to be an interesting one for sure! Oh well - I'm still excited! Oh - and the weather channel says it's going to be very windy. LOLOL God is testing my determination! I'm determined to pass! LOL I can't wait to buy regular clothes! They are SO much cuter! Plus, you get to pick something you want by the look of it and not just the size! AAAAHHHH I think I"m getting closer! I'm in a comfortable 22 right now and I can get a 20 on and buttoned but it's a little too snug. Not too bad - I could wear them in a pinch (no pun intended) but I still prefer the 22. What size do regular clothes start at? I don't even know! It's been that long! Ha

      Delete