Sunday, March 18, 2012

I'm having a gas problem....

As in, I can't afford to buy any gas for my car!  I just put my last $9 in the tank and it didn't even take the gas light off.  Thankfully my gym is super close and the only places I need to drive for the next 2 weeks are 1. My son's school's book fair  2.  Weight watchers 3. The gym (almost every day) and 4. The dentist.  I'm not totally sure how we're going to get through.  We've been through worse, but I'm getting pretty tired of being broke all the time.  I wish the weather was going to be nice, I could walk to all but Weight Watchers.  I probably COULD walk to weight watchers - but I never want to eat before my weigh in and if I walked that far without eating, my blood sugar would crash like the Hindenburg!!  Ok, that was in poor taste - but you get the idea.

     Today was the last day of week 2 in my C25k!  I'm a little anxious about starting week 3 as the running section goes from 1.5 minutes to 3 minutes!  I think I can do it, I'm pretty sure I can.  I just need to knock off the negative self talk, or as I like to call it "stinkin thinkin"!  Right now I can't even IMAGINE running 3 miles at 4.5!!!  I am going to be SOOOOO proud of myself when I get there!  I am not sure if it's because I signed up for my first 5k, but for the past few days I am really starting to feel like a runner!  I LOVE it!  It feels like a secret club or something!  HAHAHA  I have a few friends who are quite accomplished runners and now we get to "talk running" together!

     I finished my daughter's Easter bunnies!  They came out pretty cute!  I think she is going to love them!  I used 1 receiving blanket and 1 onesie and was able to make both bunnies.   I'm pretty good at cross stitching, but embroidering the faces was tough!  I have never even tried embroidery before and I don't suspect I'll be taking it up any time soon!  HAHA  As promised, here is a picture of the bunnies!!
    


     Well, it's off to bed for me!  I need to finish reading these books that I borrowed from a friend!  I need to finish in less than two weeks and I have like 700 pages left.  I don't think it's going to happen.  :-/  Oh well!  There is always the library!!

Thanks for reading! -Monica

2 comments:

  1. Very cute bunnies!
    What books are you reading? I LOVE to read and am always looking for more.
    WooHoo on the C25K. I haven't started a running program. Wanted to lose some more weight first. But I have incorporated some jogging every once in awhile in my workouts.
    I hear you about the gas. I've told my kids I'm not leaving whenever they want to go somewhere, we have to try to do more than one thing while we're out. I think walking is a good idea. I know the weather is awful but maybe bundle it up, give it a try and make it an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SORRY!! I didn't see your post until just now!!! I'm reading The Hunger Games. It's a bit brutal - but I just can't seem to put it down. I finished the first book in 2 days! I'm going to wait a day before I start the second book - I need to get more sleep! LOL

      I should clarify something - when I say I'm doing a couch to 5k - I by NO means am actually "running". It FEELS like running to me, but to the casual observer - I'm jogging. I do my brisk walk at 3.5 and my "run" at 4.5.

      Gas is just AWFUL! It's over $4 a gallon now - that just blows my mind. When I got my first car, it ran on diesel and I only paid 84 cents a gallon! Those days are sadly LONG gone! Do you remember the wicked flooding we had a little while ago? My car had broken down that morning - of course AFTER I had dropped my son off at school. I had to walk the 3 - 4 miles in that POURING rain and really strong winds! I had a really nice umbrella with a 3/4 inch thick wooden post - it snapped like a twig! I am so thankful that I had thought to bring some rubber backed sheeting with me (my son used to get bad diaper rash so we used it so he could air out without peeing on the carpet!) I draped it over my daugheter's carseat and pulled the stroller's canopy over her head. I brought my son's rainboots and coat. We got home and the kids were perfectly dry. I had NEVER been SO WET in my entire LIFE! I've had my fill of walking in the rain! LOL

      Delete