Sunday, March 11, 2012

Pain pain, go away. Come again some other day....

     Today has been a pretty bad pain day for me.  If you missed my first post, I suffer from Trigeminal Neuralgia and today was rough.  I was fine for most of the day - but right around 4pm I started getting attacks.  I had about 15 attacks, which feel like very sharp and painful electrical stabs in my face.  I usually only have 5 to 10 in a day, let alone in a few hours.  Then my lips started getting a pins and needles sensation.  I have only had this happen once before, and the sensation lasted for weeks.  It sounds like nothing but it is SO uncomfortable.  It makes you borderline crazy.  I really hate this disorder.  I'm lucky that mine isn't as severe as many people, but it's still hard to deal with.  There really isn't anything my doctor can do for me at this point.  I just have to suck it up. 

      I think it was just an all around hard day for me.  I had been feeling pretty good about myself for the past few days.  I suppose I was due for a knock down.  I happened to catch my reflection in the window at church this morning and all I could see was my fat belly.  I HATE my fat belly.  I've lost almost 4 inches in each thigh - but only 2 inches in my belly.  I know you can't spot train and lose weight in one place, I just wish it came off of that area faster.  Anyway, despite my pain, I got my butt to the gym. I got my 3rd C25K workout in.  It wasn't bad - except I had two face pain attacks while on the treadmill.  The guy next to me must have thought I have tourettes or something. LOL  When I get a sharp attack I tend to slap my face where the pain hits and I gasp loudly.  It's involuntary - but it's kind of like a knee jerk reaction - you know, like when you hit your funny bone you tend to put your hand over the injured area.  I hate getting attacks in public.  I always get the craziest glares.  Ok - I'm getting off the subject here.  I just can't believe how bad they are today - I have actually had three while writing this entry.

     I'm still having a little soreness in my achilles tendons - I think stretching will help.  I am going to the chiropractor tomorrow, hopefully he can help release some of the tension.  I'll sleep with my boots on tonight to give them a good stretch. 

     Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day emotionally.  Getting fit can sure feel like a roller coaster ride!  Pain, pain go away.  Don't bother coming again another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment